Dave Grohl has “many ideas” to change the cover artwork for Nirvana’s Nevermind album.
The group’s second album, released in 1991, is an all-time classic, but courted controversy after Spencer Elden, the child who appears in the artwork, sued later singer Kurt Cobain’s estate over the nude image.
He alleged the snap was an example of child pornography and sexual exploitation and, in response, Grohl told Britain’s The Sunday Times newspaper it could be altered in the future.
“I have many ideas of how we should alter that cover but we’ll ...
Spencer Elden, the naked swimming baby on Nirvana's iconic 1991 album Nevermind cover, is pleading with the band on the album's 30th anniversary to have the artwork revealing his genitalia to be altered.
While fans, next-gen artists and the landmark album's producer Butch Vig are reflecting on the anniversary of Nevermind, which was released 30 years ago on Sept. 24, 1991, via DGC Records, Elden continues his fight over the naked photo of him as an infant. Now, he wants the image on all future reissues of the album -- some ...
Universal Music is on the verge of commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana's "Nevermind" with several multi-format reissues ... but the grown-up baby on the iconic album cover has one message -- don't use the damn genitalia pic!!!
Spencer Elden -- the man who was the naked baby pictured in a swimming pool on Nirvana's 1991 iconic album cover -- has already sued over the image. His lawyer, Maggie Mabie, tells TMZ ... she's demanding Universal redact the image of Elden's genitalia from all future album covers.
What's more ... Mabie says it's time to ...
“Lascivious” or “edgy”? That’s the question raised by the lawsuit filed by Spencer Elden, now 30 years old, who as a baby was featured on the cover of Nirvana’s “Nevermind” album, swimming naked after a dollar bill that dangles before him on a fishhook. Elden argues that the image is pornographic and that, as an infant, he was forced to engage in commercial sex.
Still, even early on there were dissenters. Writing in the New York Times in 1994, the acclaimed fashion journalist Suzy Menkes pointed to the “Nevermind” cover art as part of a fashion ...
Thousands of New Yorkers who said they were sexually abused as children filed lawsuits ahead of a state deadline last week. For many, their efforts to seek redress and confront abusers will now run through bankruptcy court, where the institutions they sued took refuge from litigation.
Since New York’s Child Victims Act in 2019 opened the door for lawsuits over sexual abuse suffered years or decades ago, roughly 9,000 people have filed suits in the state against individuals and institutions, according to Child USA, a nonprofit childhood abuse research and advocacy ...
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany engaged in a decades-long cover-up of chronic child sexual abuse committed by its priests by employing practices described in a recent statement from former Bishop Howard J. Hubbard, who ran the diocese from 1977 to 2014. Hubbard’s statement, issued through his attorney in response to a series of questions from the Times Union, confirmed that the diocese shielded priests and others facing sexual abuse allegations — sending them into private treatment programs rather than contacting law enforcement officials or alerting ...
A former Staten Islander alleges that he was sexually abused for several years beginning when he was a teen in the 1990s by a Roman Catholic priest who served for decades on Staten Island.
Ryan Barry, now a husband and father who lives in Pennsylvania, said in a lawsuit and a recent interview with the Advance/SILive.com that he was preyed upon by the Rev. James Garisto, a former pastor, teacher and school administrator in our borough.
“He robbed me of pretty much my whole childhood and my teenage years,” Barry said of Father Garisto.
Barry sued the Archdioc...
The Boy Scouts of America reached an $850 million settlement Thursday with tens of thousands of people who say they were sexually abused when they were Scouts over decades and later sued in a case that rocked the historic institution.
The settlement, which came after the organization filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year while facing mounting legal costs over the abuse claims, is one of the largest of its kind in a child sexual abuse case in U.S. history. The lawsuit involved more than 84,000 people who claimed sexual abuse dating as far back as the 1960s.
According to the court papers filed under the Child Victims Act in New York State Supreme Court in Monroe County Monday, the church allowed and even encouraged multiple men with known histories of sexual abuse to serve on staff and look after girls in unsupervised settings.
The window to file cases under New York's Child Victims Act, which allowed adults to file civil lawsuits for sexual abuse that occurred when they were under 18, closes on Aug. 14.
The three women are seeking judgments against Victory Baptist Church with compensatory and punitive damages to be ...
A man known for dating a top Ukrainian model was convicted of brutally beating another woman he met at a Manhattan bar three years ago — but then fled the US for Turkey before he could be sentenced, new court papers allege.
Now, the victim is suing in Manhattan Supreme Court in an effort to bring him to justice.
Norwegian architect Amanda Kjaervik filed the suit Saturday against Baran Gunes — who hails from Turkey and made headlines last year when his GQ model girlfriend was also bashed at a nightclub in his homeland.
Kjaervik — who is now 29 ...