BREAKING NEWS: REPORT ON DR. REGINALD ARCHIBALD’S CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE AT ROCKEFELLER UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
★★ New Jersey Update ★★
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: On Monday, May 13, 2019, Governor Murphy signed S.477 into law. This new, which will take effect on December 1, 2019, law includes:
- Extension of the civil statute of limitation to age 55 in child sex abuse cases, OR 7 years from discovery, whichever is later. Current law demands that the suit be filed within two years of the victim’s 18th birthday or two years after delayed discovery.
- Adult sex assault victims will have 7 years from victimization or 7 years from discovery, whichever is later
- Creation of a 2-year “window” during which victims whose civil claims have expired may file a civil lawsuit.
- Expand the categories of defendants who are liable in these cases to include nonprofit corporations, societies or associations organized exclusively for religious, charitable or educational purposes including its trustees, directors, officers, employees, agents, servants or volunteers
★★ New York SOL Reform ★★
On Thursday, February 14, 2019, the New York Child Victims Act or CVA was signed into law by Governor Cuomo. Anyone who was sexually abused as a child and is currently over 21 years old must take action now. Time is very limited.Call us now at 888-811-8689
★★ District of Columbia Update ★★
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: On WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2019, Mayor Bowser signed the Sexual Abuse Statute of Limitations Elimination Amendment Act of 2018!
Anyone who has a lapsed childhood sexual abuse claim must take action now. Time is limited.
Call us now at 888-811-8689
Marsh Law Firm is recognized worldwide as a premier law firm representing victims of
- Dr. Reginald Archibald of Rockefeller University Hospital (click here)
- lapsed claims for childhood sexual abuse in New York under the Child Victims Act (CVA) which extends the statute of limitations in civil and criminal cases. Most importantly, the New York Child Victims Act establishes a one-year window in which victims and survivors can bring a lawsuit even if the statute of limitations has already expired. YOU CAN FILE A CLAIM NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE.
- lapsed claims for childhood sexual abuse in the District of Columbia under the Sexual Abuse Statute of Limitations Elimination Amendment Act of 2018 which extends the statute of limitations in civil and criminal cases. Most importantly, the Act establishes a two-year window in which victims and survivors can bring a lawsuit even if the statute of limitations has already expired. CALL US TODAY FOR DETAILS.
- lapsed claims for childhood sexual abuse in Pennsylvania under the pending statute of limitation reform in response to the shocking Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Diocese Victims Report
- sex abuse in elementary and high schools, colleges and universities, religious organizations, foster care, camps and sports, and government and military institutions (including claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act)
- Title IX sexual assault and rape on campus including defamation
- rape and sexual harassment (including wrongful infection with STIs and other diseases)
- online sexual exploitation
- child pornography
- child trafficking
- revenge porn
We are among the few law firms in the country using innovative federal law approaches to help victims obtain justice nationwide.
The intersection of criminal law, federal civil statutory remedies, state law, Title IX, copyright, defamation, privacy rights, and criminal restitution makes this a challenging and unique area of the law requiring skilled litigators and creative thinkers.
Our founder, James R. Marsh, has over 30 years experience advocating for children, victims, and survivors in state and federal trial courts, federal circuit courts across the country, the United States Congress and state legislatures, and the United States Supreme Court. The organization he founded in Washington, DC—the Children’s Law Center—has helped over 35,000 at-risk and vulnerable children receive free legal advocacy over the past 20 years. James recently became the board chair of the Philadelphia based Child USA, a think tank headed by Marci Hamilton, which conducts research based public policy advocacy for children nationwide.
The Marsh Law Firm has been instrumental in passing major laws on behalf of victims and survivors of childhood sexual abuse including the federal Amy Vicky and Andy Act, the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act, the States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA), Masha’s Law, and New York’s Child Victim’s Act. Our firm created the Children’s Justice Fund to serve victims of child trafficking, child sex abuse, online child sexual exploitation, and child pornography.
All the lawyers at the Marsh Law Firm have the experience and skills necessary to help victims rebuild their lives with dignity and respect. We pride ourselves in representing one client at a time with personal service and the individual attention necessary to obtain justice.
April Every Month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
For Emotional Help and Support Visit
MEN: chat with a trained professional, 24/7, anonymous & free at 1in6
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) Sexual Assault Hotline
Call 800.656.HOPE (4673) to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area.
Resources for Victims and Survivors